How to use chain saw safely and maintenance machine
First step Operate a chain saw.
1. Carefully read all safety precautions and instructions in the user’s manual.
2. Choose a model that is comfortable machine, which enough to application you are using for. If you have not purchased or borrowed a saw, considering renting it from the tool rental store just to understand the size and blade configuration you are accustomed to using.
Bar blades are more practical than bow blades for newcomers, so this article discusses bar blades. The blade of chain saw needs to be at least 1/3 longer in diameter than the tree or log you are cutting. Typically, the engine’s horsepower or displacement is relative to the length of the rod and is matched in the factory. Well-adjusted engines and sharp blades allow you to cut quickly, easily and accurately for a safer state.
A small task may find electric saws better suited to their situation, but for brevity, this article will focus on gasoline saws.
3.Before refueling the saw, take a look at where you’re going work. It is essential to have enough space to carry out the work safely. This means watching overhead power lines and obstacles, nearby cars and buildings, and space to falling trees or limbs for the saw operator.
4 Identify four normal cuts that you may used. Each type of cutting should be considerations and considerations. The trees fell on the power line will always be catastrophic. Falling on a friend or neighbor’s car or house can at least be unbearable.
Felling: this is the action of cutting down a tree.
Limbing: this is to cut off branch from a tree before or after logging.
Pruning: (when using a chain saw) this refers to cutting leaf back or branches on them.
Chopping: this is to cut the “wood” or trunk of a tree in available fragments, such as the length of the fireplace.
5. Look at your chainsaw. If you are ready to start saws, you have selected the saws that suit for your project and task.
6. Add the correct fuel / oil mixture to the tank, which is usually 1 gallon of gasoline and 4 to 6 ounces of dual cycle engine oil. Since chain saws are two cycle engines, they have no lubricating oil supply, they will burn quickly if they do not use the right fuel.
7. Do a security check. Ensure the chain is normal, tension adjustment is appropriate, chain brake can not rotate when engaged. Check that the air filter is properly installed and that the panel and nut are firmly.
8. Notice that there have two refueling caps on your saw, close to the throttle handle. The lid can be labeled, usually with larger covers will be for fuel and smaller covers for bar lubricants. Fill the rod to lubricate the tank, check the two lids to make sure they are tightly mounted, and place the saw on a flat space. This is especially important for very large saws to start, because once the blade will be rotated as soon as the saw starts.
9. If your machine has a primer bulb design on the carburetor, pump it 3 or 4 times. If your machine come with a throttle lever, placing it in the windshield position , which causes carburetors to inhale fuel into the combustion chamber more quickly. Joint chain brake. Switch the saw to on, which will be a toggle, rocker or plunger switch depending on the model. Pull the starting rope sharpy until the engine is “on fire”. If the engine is on fire but does not start, push the choke in half and try again. Usually in a well-adjusted saw, the running time of the saw does not exceed 4 or 5 times.
When your saw is idle, the blade should not be meshed and rotated. Hope you have selected a block of wood to practice or select a branch or log in to an easy-to-cut place. Align the blade with the cut you want, loosen the chain brake, fully open the throttle, and place the blade on the wood. Do not force the blade, as long as the weight of the blade or moderate pressure, it will be pulled into the incision. Keep the saw running at full speed throughout the cutting process, stopping the throttle only if you want to exit the cut on the other side of the log.
11.Prepare for binding situation. There is a hammer and wedge, a spitting hammer, or at least an axe and a wooden wedge, in case the tree you are cutting and you cannot release it.
12. After the cutting operation is completed, allow the saw cool before storing. Discharging fuel and oil before storage is usually a good idea because they can leak and be flammable. After emptying the fuel tank, the engine can run for the last time to empty the carburetor, which will prevent the remaining fuel from damage the fuel system during long-term storage.
13. When not in use, please cover the saw blade and chain.
Safety tips for using chain saw
Chain saws are very effective when people comes to cutting down trees or cutting large branches. But if handled improperly, they can be very dangerous. That is why it is important to learn how to safely use an electric saw. The following tips will help:
Use blade guard when saw are not using
You can create your own blade shield by wrapping a foam pipe insulation material around the blade and securing it with multiple rubber bands.
learn the where the recoil zone is and make sure you to avoid it. The standard method of using chain saws is to cut branches or trees from the top down, with the bottom of the blade in contact with the wood. Even if it pulls slightly, it is easy to control the saw in this position. You can also cut from below the branch by placing the top of the blade on the wood. This cutting position can be even more frightening, just because there is a tendency for the saw to push backwards toward the body. However, as long as you use the appropriate security procedures, this cutting location is safe. In spite of this, there is a region on the cutting rod that should be avoided at all cost. This area, known as the recoil zone, is located at the top of the pole at the tip of the saw. If you happen to encounter this part of the blade when the saw is opened, it will cause the saw to move up toward you. Today, manufacturers provide protection against this problem by including a brake designed to prevent chain movement after the saw starts. You can also minimize risk by holding the front handle and thumb around the handle. Ideally, however, you should try to avoid any surface contact with the recoil zone.
Keep your chain sharp
When the saw is sharp, it will cut wood easily, creating very little pressure. On the other hand, sawing wood may require more work when it becomes obtuse. You can determine if it is time to sharpen the chain by focusing on how difficult it is to make cuts. You can also pay attention to the sawdust that you create. Sharp saws produce sawdust, where is blunt saws produce dust. Keeping the chain sharp will help your saw work as designed.
Reduce the likelihood of injury
Most chain saw injuries influence the left arm or thigh. These types of injuries are easy to prevent by taking some basic precautions. When holding the saw, keep the hand wrapped around the front handle. This allows you to better control the saw, if you encounter recoil, which can help you prevent runaway. Be careful when you moving the running saw to a new location. Do not place your right hand on the rear handle. Instead, take off your hand, hold the saw with your left hand, and grab the front handle. In this way, you don’t have to worry about usually triggering the saw’s engine, result the chain to start match.
5. Wear protective clothing
Protect your body by wear in high-quality safety equipment. steel boots that cutting-resistant are a good choice. You should also consider buying pants to protect your thighs. For your mind, consider investing in a helmet with a built-in screen for your face. Some helmets even have earmuffs, so they are ideal for protecting your hearing, eyes and head.
6.Free from sharpening the chain of speculation
One of the most difficult parts of sharpening the chain is to find out which teeth you’ve worn and which ones still need to be done. A simple way to track is to use permanent markers, and once they are sharpened, place a dot on each tooth.
7. Adding stabilizers to gasoline
Maintenance costs for small engines is very high. Unfortunately, engines often fail, mainly due to use of old gases in them. Today’s natural gas decomposes much faster than it used to be. This can cause engine problems, stopping the chainsaw from working as it should.
One of the best ways to avoid this problem is to add stabilizers to your chainsaw when buying gasoline. By doing so, you can minimize maintenance costs by reducing the likelihood of engine problems.
There is no doubt that this applies only to gasoline-powered chain saws, and if you have an electric saw, it has nothing to do with other techniques.
8. Invest in a pair of bicycle gloves
Strange as it may sound, bicycle gloves are a good choice when using vibrating electric tools such as chain saws. The gel in the gloves helps absorb vibration and minimizes the impact on the body.
9.protect gas leak
When working on a chainsaw, you can prevent gasoline from leaking through the vent hole by taking of the lid, wrapping a piece of saran around the hole and screwing the cover back into place.
10. Choose the right listening Protection
The operation of the chain saw is very loud. In fact, the sound is very loud, which may damage your hearing. Taking risks with you hearings is pointless-especially when there are so many effective hearing protection options available on the market. . Whether you invest in a pair of earmuffs or choose simple earplugs, you should take steps to protect your hearing. If your chainsaw is particularly loud, you may even want to double up on your hearing protection and pair the standard earplugs with a pair of earmuffs.
Even if you initially feel earplugs or earmuffs uncomfortable, you will eventually use to be wearing them. In fact, after a while, you may not want to work without them, because they make a good job of blocking out extra noise.
About the Author Jack Huang
Im Jack, CEO of Chinamowers. I have dedicated most of my life in garden tool. This is a
subject I enjoy the most. Since then, I committed to developing my website to be the best guidance when it comes to taking care of flowers and plants.Not only for the guide blog, we also sales high quality garden tool. For further information, You can visit our website:www.chinamowers.com.